“Luc Acke sings straight from and to the heart. His charismatic voice – a combination of emotional vulnerability and power – and enchanting melodies will carry you to places of soothing stillness and ecstatic joy.” – Dave Stringer
Luc Acke is a singer-songwriter, mantra singer and yoga instructor from Antwerp, Belgium.
Since 2008, he has independently released an EP of acoustic pop songs, WHYDENTITY, and two critically acclaimed mantra albums, BOLO! & HOME. In December 2014, Luc released his first full length English language album, entitled LOVE.
Luc has shared the stage with internationally renowned kirtan artists like Dave Stringer and Donna De Lory, and spiritual leader, physician and author Dr. Deepak Chopra.
His latest release is his first EP in his mother tongue Dutch, HOU VAN HAAR. The EP contains 5 tracks written for the adaptation of the book of the same name by Peter Platel.
Je kan Luc boeken voor een kirtan, concert, en/of yogasessie.
Wil je Luc in jouw yogastudio of huiskamer meemaken?
Doe een (vrijblijvende) aanvraag via www.lucacke.be/huiskamerconcerten
|12 Nov 2016||Luc Acke||Carlsbad, USA The Chopra Center for Wellbeing||The Chopra Center for Wellbeing||Buy ticket|
|04 Feb 2017||Luc Acke & Erwin Van Gorp||Utrecht, NL The Colour Kitchen||The Colour Kitchen|
|05 Feb 2017||Luc Acke & Erwin Van Gorp||Utrecht, NL The Colour Kitchen||The Colour Kitchen|
“Luc Acke is forever Yogi of the Year. His tender-hearted and soulful essence shines brilliantly with every word he speaks, every song he sings & every asana he teaches. Luc is a divine expression of YOGA.” – davidji
Luc started practising Hatha Yoga with Bob Somers in 1997. Over the years, he has become a certified instructor in the styles of Hatha Yoga (The Chopra Center for Wellbeing), Vinyasa Yoga (Svaha Yoga Amsterdam), and Restorative Yoga (Judith Hanson Lasater).
In September 2011, Luc and his partner Peter opened up Royal Yoga, a boutique yoga studio in Antwerp, where they offer meditation, yoga and ayurveda in an intimate, non-competitive and friendly environment.
Luc was honoured to have been named “Yogi of the Year“ by Yoga Magazine (The Netherlands) in 2013.
Please visit www.royalyoga.be for more information.
After his discovery of kirtan at a Jivamukti yoga workshop in 2008, Luc started merging his yogic practice with his passion as a singer-songwriter, composing chants on harmonium and guitar, leading kirtans, and playing live at yoga classes in Belgium and abroad.
Kirtan is a practice that quiets the mind and opens the heart. Singing ancient Sanskrit mantras, kirtan helps to remove obstacles and to bring us to the center of our being. When we chant, breathe, and move to the same melodies and rhythms, we improve our personal and universal well being. Sing and surrender to an experience of freedom, peace, and limitless joy…
If you don’t particularly like singing (along) you are more than welcome to sit back, relax, and enjoy a heart warming concert!
- Psychologies Magazine Maart 2016, p 54-57: article “Wat mantra’s met je doen” by Anne Wislez
- Happinez Nr 5 2015, p 76-77: article “De magie van muziek” by Bianca Bartels
- Happinez Online July 2015: article and playlist “De magie van muziek” by Bianca Bartels
- Yoga Magazine Nr 2 2015, p 65: review CD “LOVE” by Saskia Grootegoed
- ZiZo Online April 2015: review “Luc Acke – Kirtan wordt pop” by Mark Coel
- Yoga Magazine Nr 4 2013, p 14-19: article “De yogi’s van het jaar” by Angélique Heijligers
- Yoga Journal Deutschland Nr 6 2013, p 22-25: article “Der Sound des Yoga”
- Yoga Journal Deutschland Nr 6 2013, CD Yogi Beats: track 04 Luc Acke – “Jai Ganesha”
- Yoga Magazine Online September 2013: yoga video “Yogi van het jaar 2013”
- Yoga Magazine Nr 3 2013, pp 30-31 announcement “Yogi van het jaar festival 2013
- Yoga Magazine Online May 2013: Yogi van het jaar 2013
- Yoga Magazine Nr 2 2013, p 55: review CD “HOME” by Saskia Grootegoed
- Yoga Magazine Nr 1 2012, pp 76-79: article “De vijf mooiste mantra’s” by Fidessa Docters van Leeuwen
- Genieten November 2011, pp 92-95: article “Zonnegroet in Caballito de Mar” by Nathalie Willems
- Yoga Magazine Nr 3 2011, p 53: review CD “BOLO!” by Saskia Grootegoed
- Change Think + Nr 2 2011, p 114: column “Muziek, geloof en spiritualiteit” by Luc Acke
- Yoga Magazine Nr 2 2011, p 19: mention CD “BOLO!” by Astrid Van Drie
We offer Free* Worldwide Shipping – Regular (Air)mail – on all CD’s ordered from the Luc Acke online store.
If you prefer insured shipping via courier please first inquire about shipping rates to your destination. Thank you.
*Lyrics & chords can only be downloaded.
*Postcards are free with CD orders.