Luc’s sixth release (and third mantra album) is out now! You can download and/or stream the album from your preferred digital platform. For CD orders click here: http://www.lucacke.be/product/cd-ganesha/
“Luc Acke sings straight from and to the heart. His charismatic voice and enchanting melodies will carry you to places of soothing stillness and ecstatic joy.” – Dave Stringer
Luc Acke is a singer-songwriter, mantra singer and yoga instructor from Antwerp, Belgium.
Luc has shared the stage with internationally renowned kirtan artists like Dave Stringer and Donna De Lory, and spiritual leader, physician and author Dr. Deepak Chopra.
Since 2008, he has independently released an EP of acoustic pop songs, WHYDENTITY, two critically acclaimed mantra albums, BOLO! & HOME, a full length English language album, entitled LOVE, and an EP in his mother tongue Dutch, HOU VAN HAAR.
Constantly in the process of creating new material, Luc has a number of releases lined up: a new album of Sanskrit mantra with working title NAMASTE, an album of KUNDALINI mantras, as well as a cover album for SAVASANA.
After his discovery of kirtan at a Jivamukti yoga workshop in 2008, Luc started merging his yogic practice with his passion as a singer-songwriter, composing chants on harmonium and guitar, leading kirtans, and playing live at yoga classes in Belgium and abroad.
Kirtan is a practice that quiets the mind and opens the heart. Singing ancient Sanskrit mantras, kirtan helps to remove obstacles and to bring us to the center of our being. When we chant, breathe, and move to the same melodies and rhythms, we improve our personal and universal well being. Sing and surrender to an experience of freedom, peace, and limitless joy…
If you don’t particularly like singing (along) you are more than welcome to sit back, relax, and enjoy a heart warming concert!
- Yoga Magazine Blog 28 February 2017: “Mantra voor vrede en geluk” by Ilse Savenije
- Hay House Radio 17 November 2016: “Live from the Sweetspot: The Power of Rebirth” with davidji
- Psychologies Magazine Maart 2016, p 54-57: article “Wat mantra’s met je doen” by Anne Wislez
- Happinez Nr 5 2015, p 76-77: article “De magie van muziek” by Bianca Bartels
- Happinez Online July 2015: article and playlist “De magie van muziek” by Bianca Bartels
- Yoga Magazine Nr 2 2015, p 65: review CD “LOVE” by Saskia Grootegoed
- ZiZo Online April 2015: review “Luc Acke – Kirtan wordt pop” by Mark Coel
- Yoga Magazine Nr 4 2013, p 14-19: article “De yogi’s van het jaar” by Angélique Heijligers
- Yoga Journal Deutschland Nr 6 2013, p 22-25: article “Der Sound des Yoga”
- Yoga Journal Deutschland Nr 6 2013, CD Yogi Beats: track 04 Luc Acke – “Jai Ganesha”
- Yoga Magazine Online September 2013: yoga video “Yogi van het jaar 2013”
- Yoga Magazine Nr 3 2013, pp 30-31 announcement “Yogi van het jaar festival 2013
- Yoga Magazine Online May 2013: Yogi van het jaar 2013
- Yoga Magazine Nr 2 2013, p 55: review CD “HOME” by Saskia Grootegoed
- Yoga Magazine Nr 1 2012, pp 76-79: article “De vijf mooiste mantra’s” by Fidessa Docters van Leeuwen
- Genieten November 2011, pp 92-95: article “Zonnegroet in Caballito de Mar” by Nathalie Willems
- Yoga Magazine Nr 3 2011, p 53: review CD “BOLO!” by Saskia Grootegoed
- Change Think + Nr 2 2011, p 114: column “Muziek, geloof en spiritualiteit” by Luc Acke
- Yoga Magazine Nr 2 2011, p 19: mention CD “BOLO!” by Astrid Van Drie